Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Richard Tackett

Default Merge Image To Label with Word and Access

I'm trying to merge a jpg image into each of a series of nametag labels using
the following field code when creating the label

{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Pix\\{MERGEFIELD photo}.jpg"}

The merge worked and a picture frame was included. The image was not there
though. There was the type of icon like you see on a web page when there is a
problem with the link to the image file.

My picture image is named SmithJoe.jpg and is stored in the directory
C:\Pix. There is a field in the table named photo that contains the text
SmithJoe.

In troubleshooting, I have been able to use an IncludePicture field in a
Word document and display these images (without a merge).

I really appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Have you tried updating the fields?
--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Richard Tackett" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to merge a jpg image into each of a series of nametag labels
using
the following field code when creating the label

{INCLUDEPICTURE "C:\\Pix\\{MERGEFIELD photo}.jpg"}

The merge worked and a picture frame was included. The image was not there
though. There was the type of icon like you see on a web page when there
is a
problem with the link to the image file.

My picture image is named SmithJoe.jpg and is stored in the directory
C:\Pix. There is a field in the table named photo that contains the text
SmithJoe.

In troubleshooting, I have been able to use an IncludePicture field in a
Word document and display these images (without a merge).

I really appreciate your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Merge to a new document, select that document - CTRL+A - then F9 to update.
See also http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm