Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jet

Default Page numbering, Headers

I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

Put a section break (Insert Break) after page 4. Then do all you want with
the headers, footers, and page numbers in Section 2 (switching off same as
previous on all of them) but leave them blank (or different if need be) in
Section 1.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm (and note that
to have *no* page numbering, as opposed to different numbering, you must
unlink header/footer from the previous section).

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

You MUST turn off Same as previous (in Word 2003, it's called Link to
previous) in Section 2. Then, you may need to delete the page number fields
from the first section.

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the
same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jet

Ok I got the page numbeers to work and have the first 4 be blank but I cannot
get the headers to be one name on even pages and a different one on odd pages

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Do you have that section set up to be "Different Odd and Even" under
File--Page Setup, Layout tab?
Don't forget to turn OFF same as/link to previous!
************

"Jet" wrote in message
I am looking for a way to have the first 5 or so pages of a 380 page

document
be blank. I want the page numbering to start on page 5. Also in the
same
document, I want the headers to be one way on even numbered pages and
different on odd but to start on page 5 as well.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you will look at the referenced article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm, it explains about using
odd and even headers/footers (and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm covers the
pagination issues).

adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
Page numbering to be Page X of Y with Odd Page section break Hesham Ghaleb Page Layout 1 January 24th 06 03:06 PM
Hebrew Suggestions Dannyza Microsoft Word Help 2 November 21st 05 06:12 AM
turn off page numbering richards New Users 1 November 4th 05 02:56 PM
Page numbering on a mail merged document Bevan Mailmerge 1 March 10th 05 02:57 AM