Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham

Default Allowing Access Popup

I have set up a mail merge which I am using alot to mail out bulk emails. I
had this working fine earlier, I could send out 300 mails within seconds.
But since I gave a work collegue access to the mailbox used to send these
mails and also the mailmerge file it started to prompt us each time a mail
was to be sent. The prompt was informing us that an application was trying
to use Outlook and whether to allow. So that's now 300 yes clicks!!!

I understand that there is a piece of software which presses the yes button
of this popup which is fine but it was working great before, without the
software! My question is, how do I get it to work as it was before?

Something to note is that my collegue was using Word 2000, whereas I am
using Word 2003, I believe this is what cause the popup to happen. I have
had her upgraded but the problem remains.

Any help is much appreciated!

Graham
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

The answer most probably is that you can't. It's a security feature of
Outlook. The way to overcome it is to use the "Express ClickYes" utility
that is available as a free download from:

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Graham" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham

Thanks for the response Doug.

I aggree, but what I dont understand is that I had emails being fired out
before without the software and no popups. I'm a little confused so I'm just
gonna install the clickyes software and continue my life as though it never
happened

Thanks.

"Graham" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

The pop-up is part of Microsoft's continuing security measures so yes it is
possible that you didn't have it earlier.