Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Douglas Adams

Default Square character symbol in address lines after mailmerge

I am using Windows XP and Office 2003.

I can mail merge my Outlook contact folder with a Word document using
Mailmerge. I create a new Word document using the Address block. When a
contact has two address lines, they are concatenated after the merge into one
line separated by a square symbol.

How can I remove (or avoid) this square symbol?

I have tried to match the fields manually and I get the same result.

Find and replace does not seem recognize this character.

Also, the suffix information is lost during the mailmerg.

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

You will find it much simpler to get the results you want if you abandon the
use of the AddressBlock field and use the individual fields that make up the
data file - see http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm
You should find http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm useful
also.