Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Default Styles - how to restart numbered list?

I've set up my numbered styles just as I want them, using resources and links
I found here. I think they are set up properly (famous last words!). They've
been working great, but in all my documents so far, the numbered section has
been at the end of the document.

Now I have a document with a numbered section, followed by another
paragraph, then another numbered section, which I want to restart. Whenever I
apply the numbering style to the second section, it continues numbering from
the first.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel

Right-click the number and select 'Restart numbering'. Or select the
paragraph and use Format Bullets and Numbering. The 'restart' option on
this dialog is sometimes grayed-out -- in which case click Customize and
enter the 'start at' value.

"Jen" wrote in message
I've set up my numbered styles just as I want them, using resources and
links
I found here. I think they are set up properly (famous last words!).
They've
been working great, but in all my documents so far, the numbered section
has
been at the end of the document.

Now I have a document with a numbered section, followed by another
paragraph, then another numbered section, which I want to restart.
Whenever I
apply the numbering style to the second section, it continues numbering
from
the first.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Although right-clicking and choosing Restart Numbering works pretty reliably
in Word 2002 and 2003, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/...artMethods.htm for other
options.

"Jen" wrote in message
I've set up my numbered styles just as I want them, using resources and

links
I found here. I think they are set up properly (famous last words!).

They've
been working great, but in all my documents so far, the numbered section

has
been at the end of the document.

Now I have a document with a numbered section, followed by another
paragraph, then another numbered section, which I want to restart.

Whenever I
apply the numbering style to the second section, it continues numbering

from
the first.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jen

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, when I right-click, "restart
numbering" isn't one of the options. I can't figure out why. I was able to
restart it by going into the Bullets & Numbering dialog box, but I'm hoping
that won't have messed anything up (since I know it's not a recommended
method).

Thanks again.