Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wolfmanjack81

Default Word Documents, Ketters, Memos

When I open saved documents they show the current date. How do I save the
original date document was created when opening?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

It sounds as if you have a template that has a date field instead of a create
date field which will not update. You will need to change your template to
prevent this from happening in the future.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"wolfmanjack81" wrote:

When I open saved documents they show the current date. How do I save the
original date document was created when opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

You are using a DATE or TIME field rather than a CREATEDATE field. This
field should be put in the original template if possible (instead of
inserting using the keyboard shortcut or header/footer toolbar button).

In the document in question, press Alt-F9 to display field codes. Then
change the field to a CREATEDATE field, press F9 and then Alt-F9.

See http://addbalance.com/word/datefields1.htm for information on the
different kinds of datefields and how to format them.

--

Charles Kenyon

My criminal defense lawyer site: http://addbalance.com.
from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"wolfmanjack81" wrote in message
When I open saved documents they show the current date. How do I save the
original date document was created when opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Press Alt+F9 to display the field code. Change DATE to CREATEDATE. Alt+F9 to
toggle back and F9 to update the field.

"wolfmanjack81" wrote in message
When I open saved documents they show the current date. How do I save the
original date document was created when opening?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wolfmanjack81

Default Word Documents, Letters, Memos

I could have sworn I typed Letters and not Ketters oh well ya'll understood
what I meant and I sincerely thank you all.