Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Default Copy and Paste problem

I can save images to a folder okay, but when I try to copy and paste to a
Word doc, I get this "serious error" popup that tells me the program has to
close down now and any unsaved information will be lost. Then the program
shuts down. This problem has just been happening in the last couple weeks.
What is the problem and how can I fix it please? I have no problem copying
and pasting text....just graphics with/without text to Word docs. I've
asked this before, but got a response that advised that I didn't give enough
information. If more is needed to help me, please explain. Thanks!

Running Windows XP with Office XP Small Business (Word 2002).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

How to view error signatures if an Office program experiences a serious error
and quits
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289508/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/p...649111033.aspx

"billybob" wrote in message
I can save images to a folder okay, but when I try to copy and paste to a
Word doc, I get this "serious error" popup that tells me the program has to
close down now and any unsaved information will be lost. Then the program
shuts down. This problem has just been happening in the last couple weeks.
What is the problem and how can I fix it please? I have no problem copying
and pasting text....just graphics with/without text to Word docs. I've
asked this before, but got a response that advised that I didn't give enough
information. If more is needed to help me, please explain. Thanks!

Running Windows XP with Office XP Small Business (Word 2002).

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

I followed your instructions to the letter. Results: No info is available
on this issue. What now? Reinstall Office XP suite?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Update your video/graphics driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site.

You can slide the acceleration down on your adapter to test if it is indeed a
driver issue.
In the control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button,
troubleshoot tab.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"billybob" wrote in message
I followed your instructions to the letter. Results: No info is available
on this issue. What now? Reinstall Office XP suite?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
billybob billybob is offline

Thanks, Mary. Working on it right now!