Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Default Outlook 2003 Cant send e-mail from Excel 2003 or word 2003

Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the message:
Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection. Make sure
Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up correctly and
you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP professional to
cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ask in an Outlook NG if you don't get an answer here, but check that on
the Other tab of Tools | Options in Outlook you have checked the box for
"Make Outlook the default program for E-mail..." and that Outlook is also
selected as the default email client in Control Panel | Internet Options |
Programs.

"Andy" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the

message:
Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection. Make sure
Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up correctly and
you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP professional

cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Hell Suzanne,

I have checked as you suggest and Outlook is selected as default e-mail in
all places I can think of.

I searched for Outlook but I think I only got Outlook on this news group not
a specific Outlook NG.

I'll try searching from google unless you have a better suggestion.
--
Ian D Anderson

"Andy" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the

message:
Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection. Make sure
Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up correctly and
you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP professional

cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It makes things a lot easier if you access the servers directly -
http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm

Andy wrote:
Hell Suzanne,

I have checked as you suggest and Outlook is selected as default
e-mail in all places I can think of.

I searched for Outlook but I think I only got Outlook on this news
group not a specific Outlook NG.

I'll try searching from google unless you have a better suggestion.

Ask in an Outlook NG if you don't get an answer here, but check that
on
the Other tab of Tools | Options in Outlook you have checked the box
for "Make Outlook the default program for E-mail..." and that
Outlook is also selected as the default email client in Control
Panel | Internet Options | Programs.

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"Andy" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the
message: Could not start e-mail program. Check your network
connection. Make sure Office is installed correctly, your e-mail
program is set up correctly and you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP
professional to cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Should have read Hello Suzanne..! Sorry about that.

Graham, Thanks I'll try and do that but no idea where to look for the
serveres you mention.
--
Ian D Anderson

"Andy" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the
message: Could not start e-mail program. Check your network
connection. Make sure Office is installed correctly, your e-mail
program is set up correctly and you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP
professional to cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the same page where you found this Word NG there are other NGs and many
others for other Office (or all MS) applications. The left panel should have
a tree displaying these NGs.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Ask in an Outlook NG if you don't get an answer here, but check that on
the Other tab of Tools | Options in Outlook you have checked the box for
"Make Outlook the default program for E-mail..." and that Outlook is

also
selected as the default email client in Control Panel | Internet Options

Programs.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Andy" wrote in message
Using Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003

When clicking on the send e-mail option on Word or Excel I get the

message:
Could not start e-mail program. Check your network connection. Make

sure
Office is installed correctly, your e-mail program is set up correctly

and
you can connect to you e-mail sever.

I use outlook 2003 for e-mail and I've tried reinstalling XP

professional
cure the above problems but to no avail.

Any ideas please.

--
Ian D Anderson

--
Ian D Anderson

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andy Andy is offline

Thanks found that and posted question to Outlook NG. No feed back or ideas
yet but I'll keep looking.

Again thanks for your help!
--
Ian D Anderson