Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
faxylady faxylady is offline

Default Inserting Centered Text between Numbered Text

My document consists of a lot of numbered text. I need to insert some
centered text between numbers 2 and 3 to give warning info regarding the next
several points. For ex. I am telling the reader to ignore the next two
numbered points (3 and 4) if certain conditions are met.

When I hit the return key it ruins the following numbered text and will not
allow me to insert the notes. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

FL:

Please consider training yourself to work with the nonprinting characters
displayed. Tools Options View Formatting marks "All" check box
checked.

You'll see (I hope) that each numbered paragraph has a pilcrow (backwards P)
at the end. This mark identifies separate paragraphs. Word numbers the
separate paragraphs when the Numbering button on the Formatting toolbar is
pressed in.

You want to insert a paragraph between the #1 paragraph and the #2 paragraph
by pressing Enter. Then turn off the numbering in your new paragraph by
clicking the Numbering button so that it pops out.

Now you can type into and format your new paragraph however you like.

Bear
--
Windows XP, Word 2000