Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scott Steiner Scott Steiner is offline

Default different page numbering in the footer of different sections

hi all,

i'm using office 2003 professional and have a question:

say i have a document with 20 pages. the last 3 pages are an annex.
question: how can i accomplish page numbering in the footer of the pages
so that the first 17 pages show "page x from 17", and the the last 3
pages show "annex x from 3".

i'm looking for a general solution i.e one that will work for any sized
document.

inserting a section break before the annex doesn't help much since then
the footer will display "page x from 20" where i can only control the
start of the page numbering in each section.

any help appreciated.

many thanks!

scott
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can use two sections in which you can control the start number of each
and whether the number is displayed. As for the 'of Pages' - instead of
using the {NUMPAGES} field use the {SECTIONPAGES} field which reveals the
total number of pages for the current section..

Scott Steiner wrote:
hi all,

i'm using office 2003 professional and have a question:

say i have a document with 20 pages. the last 3 pages are an annex.
question: how can i accomplish page numbering in the footer of the
pages so that the first 17 pages show "page x from 17", and the the
last 3 pages show "annex x from 3".

i'm looking for a general solution i.e one that will work for any
sized document.

inserting a section break before the annex doesn't help much since
then the footer will display "page x from 20" where i can only
control the start of the page numbering in each section.

any help appreciated.

many thanks!

scott

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Graham Mayor schrieb:
You can use two sections in which you can control the start number of each
and whether the number is displayed. As for the 'of Pages' - instead of
using the {NUMPAGES} field use the {SECTIONPAGES} field which reveals the
total number of pages for the current section..

Thanks for the tip!

Now I have 2 sections and my footer is something like this:
{PAGE} / {SECTIONPAGES}

This solves the problem of the 'of Pages' part, however, I still have a
problem with the 'Page' part.

Say I have 5 Pages, 2 of which are an annex. Footers should display this:

Page 1 of 3
Page 2 of 3
Page 3 of 3
Annex 1 of 2
Annex 2 of 2

Using {PAGE} / {SECTIONPAGES} and 2 sections displays 'Annex 4 of 2' and
'Annex 5 of 2'.

Any help appreciated!