Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dawnladams dawnladams is offline

Default What are these things?

These symbols appeared in my Word documents recently. I don't know what they
are and because I don't know what they are called I don't know how to make
them go away. I would call them registration marks but a search of Help in
Word turns up nothing remotely related. Any thoughts?

_| |_

_ _
| |

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
pahrahinc pahrahinc is offline

My WORD Docs had the samething with what appeared to be Japanese writing or
squibbles in them. In my Local Disk C I found a DPE file with a WORD Doc
suspended in it and I deleted it as well as all my WORD Docs with the
samething on them. I contected Symantec (I use Internet Security 2005) and
they extracted "Adware.WebSearch". Spyware like this will plant a worm or
virus in your PC and then contact you with an Email with an offer to sell an
extraction tool to remove it. Unfortunatly the Email is usually filtered out
in SPAM. I recommend that you do a SEARCH and delete all files with
"Adware.WebSearch" in them with the exception of your "Virus Deffinitions"
supported by your anti virus and anti spyware program. This has worked for
me so far! I don't know if this will work but if the WORD Doc is not
sensitive info, you might consider sending it in an Email Attachment to a
trusted friend or relative with a different Anti Virus program and see if it
is filtered out. You can then delete yours and the friend or relative can
return it to you and you can re-save it to file?