Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jonathanmenn jonathanmenn is offline

Default Footnote Reference Numbers--Font Size

My default text is size 12 font, and my default foonote text is size 10 font.
I would like the footnote reference numbers to be size 12 font in the text,
and size 10 font below the line in the footnote itself. How can I do that?
When I went to modify the footnote reference font size in styles and
formatting, it made the font size of the footnote reference number the same
both above and below the footnote line.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The default formatting for footnote references is Default Paragraph Font
(that is, the same size as the text in place) + Superscript. So the
references in text will be superscripted 12-point and those in the footnotes
will be superscripted 10-point. If you don't want the references to be
superscripted, you can remove this from the style definition, but if you
want the references in the text superscripted and those in the note not,
you'll need to remove the formatting manually--or see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...scptFnotes.htm.