Michael Griffin

Default document info / formatting added to actual document

Word 97

Information is being added to my document and printing with it. Where is
this coming from and how do I shut it off?

Examples of the items a
Header
Heading base
Instatution
Job Title
My name
path to the document C:\My Documents\resume.doc

microsoft word 8.0
root entry
1 table

Thanks for your help.

Michael
Jay Freedman

If the extra stuff is only on the printed copy and not visible in the
document on screen, go to Tools Options Print and make sure "Document
properties" is not checked.

If this (and a lot more) is appearing at the end of the document on screen,
and all the formatting is gone, that's something different. In the File
Open dialog, make sure the "Files of type" box is *not* set to "Recover text
from any file". See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/RecoverText.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman