Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
prat61 prat61 is offline

Default 2000 pages

Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

In Word 2007, if you type in an empty paragraph:
=rand(200,99)
and press ENTER

You get approx 530 pages filled with text; the insertion point moves to the
end of the document (the 1st number is the number of paragraphs, the 2nd is
the number of sentences per paragraph).

Do this 3 more times (or one more time, then CTRL+A, CTRL+C and at the end
of the document CTRL+V) and you'll have over 2,000 pages in Word 2007; you
may get somewhat different results in 2003 because of differences in line
spacing, paragraph spacing, margins, etc.

Please note that adding tables, graphs, pictures, shapes, etc will produce a
far larger file size than you'll get from doing what I've suggested above.

"prat61" wrote:

Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Dim i as Long
For i = 1 to 2000
ActiveDocument.Range.InsertAfter "w"
Next i

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I misread the question. Create one page full of w and then run the
following macro:

Dim i As Long
Dim w As String
With ActiveDocument
w = .Range.Text
For i = 1 To 2000
.Range.InsertAfter w
Next i
End With

--

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
prat61 prat61 is offline

I created the page of w's and now I am confused on how to run the macro. Do
I go into the Microsoft Script Editor? If so where do I place the code?

I am so confused.

Thank you for helping

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

This is an utterly trivial operation - and clearly a one-off. You have taken
more of your own time and more of other people's time than would ever have
been needed to do it manually through the UI, or to simply calculate ...

... at about 50 "w"s per line and about 50 lines per page the file will be
about 5 megabytes. How does that help you with anything?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
prat61 prat61 is offline

Not to be rude but I am in the process or building a scope of buisness
practices for a person that is handicap. I know there has to be a vbscipt or
like the previous Doug Robbins mentioned that you can add code to a macro.

Any help would be appreciated

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

My apologies - perhaps I came over as slightly irritated. The reason you
want this is academic. The point is that macros are usually used to save
time, or maybe to guarantee accuracy - either for long-running or
oft-repeated tasks.

Your question was

Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same text.
(i.e) "w"

The answer (that I hinted at) is that this is not a difficult task and that
as you are, presumably, only going to do it once, you can do it manually and
don't need a macro.

It is the work of seconds to manually press and hold the "w" key until you
have a few lines and copy and paste a few times until you have a page or two
and copy and paste that a few times until you have a few tens of pages and
copy and paste that until you have a couple of hundred and on to 2000.

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Perhaps my calculation was a bit rough and ready but I wouldn't have thought
there was a need for precision in this. I just did the above and the file
size was 5.03MB.

I cannot see how knowing the size of file that would be created by typing
some 5 million "w"s helps in scoping anything for handicapped (or
non-handicapped) people. If your real requirement is something more than
this, we could help you better if you explained it more fully.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"prat61" wrote in message
Is there a way to set word to fill a page 2000 times with the same
text.
(i.e) "w"

I am trying to find what the file size would be

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
prat61 prat61 is offline

Thank you Tony. I appreciate it. I apologize as well if I was not more clear.

Thank you for your help.

paul