Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word.user Word.user is offline

Default Stop Recovery when Word crashes

Hi,

How can we stop Word 2003 to show message " Microsoft Office Word has
encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for inconvenience.

The information you were working on mught be lost. Microsoft office word can
try to recover it for you.

Checkbox Recover my work and restart Microsoft office word"

I want to stop this message, whwenever word crashes out. How can I achieve
this, is there any registry setting? or word config setting?

Thanks In Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You won't stop Word crashing if there is a problem, but tools options
save uncheck Save Auto Recover Information should remove the autorecovery.
Do that and I guarantee that you will lose an important document before
long. Much better to eliminate the source of the problem in the first
place - see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm

Word.user wrote:
Hi,

How can we stop Word 2003 to show message " Microsoft Office Word has
encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for
inconvenience.

The information you were working on mught be lost. Microsoft office
word can try to recover it for you.

Checkbox Recover my work and restart Microsoft office word"

I want to stop this message, whwenever word crashes out. How can I
achieve this, is there any registry setting? or word config setting?

Thanks In Advance

Word 07 crashes beckwith49 Microsoft Word Help 1 September 2nd 07 07:40 AM
Word Crashes Airplane New Users 0 April 26th 06 12:55 AM
Word crashes markmovies Microsoft Word Help 1 December 17th 05 07:39 AM
word 97 crashes faceman Microsoft Word Help 2 July 30th 05 11:06 PM
how do i stop auto recovery of the documents New New Users 0 February 1st 05 01:49 PM