Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tgraff tgraff is offline

Default Need to create styles in a blank Word doc & save it as Template

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You can do that. Nothing should be stopping you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad to see you're not immune. Beth (Melton) and I have been doing so
much behind-her-back sniping at JoAnn Paules's snippy answers that I've been
trying to bite my tongue and set a good example, but honestly, "questions"
like this one are awfully tempting. g

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
You can do that. Nothing should be stopping you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

But I meant my reply literally. s The OP can open a new blank document, create
styles in it, and set the Save As type to "Word Template". These are all
fundamental skills in using Word. They're also amply explained in the Help.

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 23:03:33 -0600, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I'm glad to see you're not immune. Beth (Melton) and I have been doing so
much behind-her-back sniping at JoAnn Paules's snippy answers that I've been
trying to bite my tongue and set a good example, but honestly, "questions"
like this one are awfully tempting. g

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
.. .
You can do that. Nothing should be stopping you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

My reply was meant to be an email; sorry for cluttering the NG with it. And
yes, your reply was literal. But I suspect the OP wanted instructions rather
than permission. g

wrote:

I'm glad to see you're not immune. Beth (Melton) and I have been doing so
much behind-her-back sniping at JoAnn Paules's snippy answers that I've
been
trying to bite my tongue and set a good example, but honestly, "questions"
like this one are awfully tempting. g

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
. ..
You can do that. Nothing should be stopping you.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See these articles for the general concepts:

Understanding Microsoft Word styles
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...sOnStyles.html

Creating a Template – The Basics (Part I)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart1.htm

Creating a Template (Part II)
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...platePart2.htm

--