Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Default Manual/Auto Printing

Hello,

I was wondering if it were possible to print one word document using the
manual feed tray and the rest print automatically?

Example:

If I have a document say Document A , I want to print it on Letterhead
paper. When I pull up this document and click print, I want the default to
always be Manual Feed. However, on everything else I print I want the default
to be automatically. I know I can switch it between "Manual Feed" and
"Automatic" manually I was just wondering if there was a way to set up one
document without having to go back and forth. Any help would most appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On the Paper tab of Page Setup, you can choose the trays for "First page"
and "Other pages." You can either or both trays to "Manual Feed." These
settings are document-specific.

"Stockwell43" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering if it were possible to print one word document using the
manual feed tray and the rest print automatically?

Example:

If I have a document say Document A , I want to print it on Letterhead
paper. When I pull up this document and click print, I want the default to
always be Manual Feed. However, on everything else I print I want the
default
to be automatically. I know I can switch it between "Manual Feed" and
"Automatic" manually I was just wondering if there was a way to set up one
document without having to go back and forth. Any help would most
appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

On Feb 7, 6:10*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
[...]

Thanks!!!- Hide quoted text -

this only will work if your document has a different first page. Check
File | Page Setup for that option as well.
Indeed, the option is document-specific. But also printer-specific...
And, it only will work if you don't set any special paper tray options
in Windows and not in the printer settings. These settings all should
be default to let MS Word use the right paper tray for the first and
then for the other pages.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Hello and thank for your reply.

I guess what I am asking is: can I set up a Specific document to print using
the manual feed everytime a user opens it or will they have to always going
and change it to manual feed? I still want any other form to print
automatically like it does now.

Thanks!!

"Jules" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Hi Suzanne,

It worked. I guess I was having a brain freeze. Thank you for your help, it
was most appreciated!!!