Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles charles is offline

Default embedded fonts not editable

Recently when I send word documents to my clients they are unable to
edit them, getting an error that says they contain "read only embedded
fonts."

I've embedded fonts in documents forever but never run into this problem
before. Can someone tell me what's going on? Is there a solution to
this?

Is there a way for me to tell which fonts I may need to change to clear
this up?

Thanks in advance,
- charles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In the Windows Fonts folder, right-click on a specific font that you have
used in the document and select Properties. In the Properties dialog, select
the Embedding tab, which will show you which level of embedding is allowed
for that font. If the Properties dialog doesn't have an Embedding tab (as
I've just found mine doesn't on this brand-new computer), then you need to
download the Font Properties Extension from
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...roperty21.mspx.

charles wrote in message ...
Recently when I send word documents to my clients they are unable to
edit them, getting an error that says they contain "read only embedded
fonts."

I've embedded fonts in documents forever but never run into this problem
before. Can someone tell me what's going on? Is there a solution to
this?

Is there a way for me to tell which fonts I may need to change to clear
this up?

Thanks in advance,
- charles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
charles charles is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
:

In the Windows Fonts folder, right-click on a specific font that you
have used in the document and select Properties. In the Properties
dialog, select the Embedding tab, which will show you which level of
embedding is allowed for that font. If the Properties dialog doesn't
have an Embedding tab (as I've just found mine doesn't on this
brand-new computer), then you need to download the Font Properties
Extension from
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/...roperty21.mspx.

Thanks so much, Suzanne. You rock.

- charles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help (and glad I discovered I needed to download that file when
I was not in too much of a hurry!).

charles wrote in message ...
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in
: