Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hantsman99 hantsman99 is offline

Default Shortcut for Paste Special?

I do a lot of work on web copy and am regularly moving text from web pages to
Word.
To undo the formatting, I highlight and right click Copy then use the Edit
menu to find Paste Special; this takes me to a dialog box where I select
Unformatted Text, then OK.
This is quite a long process. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use a macro attached to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo Oops
Selection.PasteSpecial _
DataType:=wdPasteText, _
Placement:=wdInLine
End
Oops:
Beep
End Sub

hantsman99 wrote:
I do a lot of work on web copy and am regularly moving text from web
pages to Word.
To undo the formatting, I highlight and right click Copy then use the
Edit menu to find Paste Special; this takes me to a dialog box where
I select Unformatted Text, then OK.
This is quite a long process. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have a look at a previous posting:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...849&sloc=en-us
Hope this helps
DeanH

"hantsman99" wrote:

I do a lot of work on web copy and am regularly moving text from web pages to
Word.
To undo the formatting, I highlight and right click Copy then use the Edit
menu to find Paste Special; this takes me to a dialog box where I select
Unformatted Text, then OK.
This is quite a long process. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I forgot to say that you can do the unformatted paste from the intial copy
from the web, ie don't have to copy it twice, once from Web and once from
Word.
Also the following may of use:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm

"hantsman99" wrote:

I do a lot of work on web copy and am regularly moving text from web pages to
Word.
To undo the formatting, I highlight and right click Copy then use the Edit
menu to find Paste Special; this takes me to a dialog box where I select
Unformatted Text, then OK.
This is quite a long process. Is there a quicker way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If there is, I don't know it, but you can apply a keyboard shortcut e.g.
(re-sassign CTRL+ALT+V; you could add it to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar)
or you could add it to the ribbon - see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm