Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ruffrider ruffrider is offline

Default How do I get Open Office Document pinned to the Start menu?

In older versions of Office you could pin to the Start Menu two things:
Open Office Document and Open New Document.
Then you could choose which type of new document such as Word, Excel, etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you click the Start button and type office into the Start Search field,
do either of those options appear on the list? I believe they would be
available only if you still have vestiges of Office 2003 installed. I see
them on my desktop machine, which has Word 2003 and 2007 on it. There, I can
right-click and choose Pin... On my laptop--which has just Word 2007--I do
not see those options.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible