sr20det808

Default How do I unlock a word document?

The other day, i tried to go into my Microsoft Word. I got in, tried to
type, but nothing would type on the screen(and yes, my keyboard is plugged in
and working). It says on the bottom of the screen, "This modification is not
allowed because the document has been locked." What do i do?
Jay Freedman

sr20det808 wrote:
The other day, i tried to go into my Microsoft Word. I got in, tried
to type, but nothing would type on the screen(and yes, my keyboard is
plugged in and working). It says on the bottom of the screen, "This
modification is not allowed because the document has been locked."
What do i do?

First, have you activated your copy of Office? Try clicking Help Activate
Product. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293151 for more information
about activation.

If that isn't it, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm.

--