Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default The language used indicator in the bottom of a Word window

I have had to fall back on my old Toshiba laptop after I sent my Dell
back to Michael for warranty repairs. As such, I'm using an older
version of Word (XP versus 2003) and, I have forgotten how to change
some of its settings.

I used to be able to tell what form of English the document was in by
glancing down near the bottom of the Word screen beside the
REC-TRK-EXT-OVR area.

A couple of things to note:
1) I do not have the language bar on.
2) The standard, formatting and drawing bars are on.
3) I have Service Pack 3 for Office XP.
4) My OS is ME, and is up to date.

I would appreciate if any of you kind folks could direct me to an
answer to this issue. It's not a major problem or anything, but I
appreciated having the feature that I spoke of in Word.

This language indicator is especially helpful for me when I copy text
from the net (with proper credit to the author(s) of course) for use in
essays.

Thank you,

Darren.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools | Options | View | Status Bar
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Darren

Thanks, Carol! It's strange how XP and 2003 on my sick Dell did that
automatically, but then too, it could be all due to how I set up my
installation

Darren.