Aditya

Default Wordpad can't load text files that exceed a certain file size

I am not able to load a 22 MB text file into Wordpad. Notepad has no
problems and neither does Word 2003. Is there any solution to this problem
or do I have to use an editor other than Wordpad?

Aditya

It's not that I am intentionally trying to ask a question in a newsgroup
where this product has not been mentioned. I did a search for "Wordpad" and
I came across many results under the "microsoft.public.word.docmanagement"
newsgroup.

If you (or anyone else) can direct me to a newsgroup that is suitable, I
would be grateful. Or if anyone else can give a hint to the solution to my
problem with Wordpad (other than using Word), I would be doubly grateful.
Thanks.

"Aditya" wrote in message
I am not able to load a 22 MB text file into Wordpad. Notepad has no
problems and neither does Word 2003. Is there any solution to this
problem
or do I have to use an editor other than Wordpad?

Charles Kenyon

Wordpad is a part of Windows. You might try one of those newsgroups.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Aditya" wrote in message
I am not able to load a 22 MB text file into Wordpad. Notepad has no
problems and neither does Word 2003. Is there any solution to this
problem
or do I have to use an editor other than Wordpad?

lostinspace

"Aditya" wrote in message ...
I am not able to load a 22 MB text file into Wordpad. Notepad has no
problems and neither does Word 2003. Is there any solution to this
problem
or do I have to use an editor other than Wordpad?

It may be dependent upon your OS and amount of memory and/or OS resources
available.

I use WordPad to view and accumulate my monthly website visitor logs.
Somewhere after 2meg these simple text files max out and I'm forced to
create a second file.

I'm using XP with 512meg.
My old computer had Win98 and these files maxed out sooner.
NotePad under Win98 maxed out around 4meg, however is considerably better in
XP.

lostinspace

BTW, EditPad is an alternative:
http://www.editpadpro.com/editpadlite.html

There are other such free tools as well that are more effective than
WordPad.

lostinspace

"Somewhere after 2meg"

TYPO; This should read 12meg.