Frustrated macro creater

Default How do I keep my macro in my toolbar?

I'm having a problem saving a simple macro I created to my toolbar. Each time
I open a Word document, create the macro and drag and drop it to my toolbar,
it disappears when I reopen a new Word doc. Even when I save the document
with the supposed macro I created, the macro has disappeared from the
toolbar. Has this issue anything to do with the fact that I recently
installed Adobe v. 7?

Not quite. Acrobat sets the Saved property of Normal.dot to True so that
changes are not saved when you exit Word. But you can force a save of
Normal.dot by pressing Shift while clicking File on the menu, then selecting
Save All.

"Jezebel" wrote in message
Yes. Acrobat resets the menus when it loads.

"Frustrated macro creater" Frustrated macro
wrote in message
I'm having a problem saving a simple macro I created to my toolbar. Each
time
I open a Word document, create the macro and drag and drop it to my
toolbar,
it disappears when I reopen a new Word doc. Even when I save the

document
with the supposed macro I created, the macro has disappeared from the
toolbar. Has this issue anything to do with the fact that I recently
installed Adobe v. 7?

Jezebel

There's a little more to it, although perhaps not relevant to changes saved
directly to normal.dot. If you have an add-in with built-in menu changes
that loads before Acrobat, PDFMaker clears those changes when it loads. (You
can watch it happening by slowing the load sequence down to nothing and
stepping through it.) Perhaps this has been fixed with Acrobat 7?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Not quite. Acrobat sets the Saved property of Normal.dot to True so that
changes are not saved when you exit Word. But you can force a save of
Normal.dot by pressing Shift while clicking File on the menu, then
selecting
Save All.

so
all may benefit.

wrote in message
I'm having a problem saving a simple macro I created to my toolbar.
Each
time
I open a Word document, create the macro and drag and drop it to my
toolbar,
it disappears when I reopen a new Word doc. Even when I save the

document
with the supposed macro I created, the macro has disappeared from the
toolbar. Has this issue anything to do with the fact that I recently
installed Adobe v. 7?

Graham Mayor

Unfortunately not - Acrobat 7 makes things worse by using a COM add-in with
a flag set to show normal.dot as saved, so changes cannot be made to
normal.dot by the conventional methods - see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Jezebel wrote:
There's a little more to it, although perhaps not relevant to changes
saved directly to normal.dot. If you have an add-in with built-in
menu changes that loads before Acrobat, PDFMaker clears those changes
when it loads. (You can watch it happening by slowing the load
sequence down to nothing and stepping through it.) Perhaps this has
been fixed with Acrobat 7?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Not quite. Acrobat sets the Saved property of Normal.dot to True so
that changes are not saved when you exit Word. But you can force a
save of Normal.dot by pressing Shift while clicking File on the
menu, then selecting
Save All.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Table in a Form HiDbLevel Tables 12 February 27th 06 12:59 PM
Running document macro from server Intravler New Users 0 March 4th 05 04:33 AM
New Macros don't appear on toolbar for all users Shirley Hommel Microsoft Word Help 2 January 11th 05 04:39 PM
Macro won't appear on Toolbar Shirley Hommel Microsoft Word Help 1 January 8th 05 03:58 AM
2000 to 2002 macro and "Could not open macro storage" Art Farrell Mailmerge 1 December 6th 04 12:40 PM