Jada-Koran

Default Indexing

I created an index, but I don't want them alphabetized. I need the titles
sequenced by the order of the page numbers. Thank you.
Jay Freedman

Jada-Koran wrote:
I created an index, but I don't want them alphabetized. I need the
titles sequenced by the order of the page numbers. Thank you.

Then you want a table of contents, not an index.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Barb

I've got a similar problem. I've already got a TOC at the beginning of the
doc and need a cross reference (index) at the end of the doc. Each paragraph
is numbered such as TG 1, TG 2, TG 3... TG 10, TG 12... TG 100, TG 102...
etc. My problem is since the index alphabetizes these, they end up looking
like this:

TG 1
TG 10
TG 100
TG 2
TG 20
TG 200

Aside from adding zeros the the entry, I can't figure out any other way to
get them in numerical order, instead of alphabetical. Any suggestions?

Jada-Koran wrote:
I created an index, but I don't want them alphabetized. I need the
titles sequenced by the order of the page numbers. Thank you.

Then you want a table of contents, not an index.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Afraid not, no.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

For which see http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Jada-Koran wrote:
I created an index, but I don't want them alphabetized. I need the
titles sequenced by the order of the page numbers. Thank you.

Then you want a table of contents, not an index.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Barb

Thanks Suzanne...

Now that I've used a concordance file and replaced my entries, this is what
happens.

(TG 173)
(TG 1{ XE "TG 1" }7{ XE "TG 17" }3{ XE "TG 173"}

Then the index shows that TG 1 is on Pg 1, TG 17 is on pg 4, and TG 173 is
on page 27 although the are all referencing the same paragraph. What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks so much for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Afraid not, no.

Jada-Koran wrote:
I created an index, but I don't want them alphabetized. I need the
titles sequenced by the order of the page numbers. Thank you.

Then you want a table of contents, not an index.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Since I have never used a concordance file, this is all Greek to me. Perhaps
someone else can think of a workaround, but I don't see any way to get these
numbers to sort the way you want.

"Barb" wrote in message
news
Thanks Suzanne...

Now that I've used a concordance file and replaced my entries, this is
what
happens.

(TG 173)
(TG 1{ XE "TG 1" }7{ XE "TG 17" }3{ XE "TG 173"}

Then the index shows that TG 1 is on Pg 1, TG 17 is on pg 4, and TG 173 is
on page 27 although the are all referencing the same paragraph. What am I
doing wrong?

Thanks so much for your help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Afraid not, no.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

Indexing Comments Microsoft Word Help 1 June 17th 05 03:40 AM
Word-Compatible Indexing Software andy Microsoft Word Help 3 May 24th 05 03:10 PM
Indexing a document:Possible formatting problem Dave Neve Microsoft Word Help 9 March 23rd 05 09:54 PM
Indexing - Don Microsoft Word Help 1 March 2nd 05 11:17 PM
Indexing Sandy Microsoft Word Help 1 January 16th 05 09:35 PM