Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lee

Default no mails in sent items after mail merged and send why?

Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and get to
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected recipients but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through there is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Do you have Outlook set as the Default mail program?

Are you using the save version of Word and Outlook? What versions are they?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and get to
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected recipients
but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through there is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JudiB - CM Travel

I am having the same problem, but here is the thing. I was sending
electronic mail merges just fine up until a couple of weeks ago then bam,
nothing in the out box/ or sent items folder, just nothing. I haven't
changed the versions on word or outlook. I have tried it with PC-cillin
internet security on AND off. I have tried it with outlook as the default
client and without. I have tried everything I can think of and have wracked
my brain trying to figure out what has change and I can't figure it out. We
send many letters everyday for work and really need to figure this one out
asap, please help!!

Judi
CM Travel

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and get to
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected recipients
but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through there is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

What versions of Word and Outlook?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"JudiB - CM Travel" JudiB - CM wrote in
message ...

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and get
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected
recipients
but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through there
is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lee

versions 2002 for word and 2003 for outlook

Ive tried to re-install and also used the detect and repair function but
still nothing

could it be a version issue ?

cause it was reported as working a few weeks ago and just recently it stopped

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and get
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected
recipients
but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through there
is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Don't believe the reports. See:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003/upgrade.htm

--

"Lee" wrote in message
Hi,

I need some advice every time I complete the mail merge wizard and
get
step
6 and then complete it the merge runs through all my selected
recipients
but
when I check in outlook to make sure the message has gone through
there
is
nothing in the sent items.
Is it sending but not using outlook to send the messages
or is it not sending at all?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
reshelto

The last ms office patch changed the default email format to HTML. Many email
programs will not send html mails.

This was the problem as you describe but with groupwise as the email client.

Changed the format and all was well.