xls1k

Default Bullets and htm Documents

When I edit an htm document in MS Word 2003, I align Bullets for my
paragraphs, which are at 1-3 levels of Bullets deep.

However, when I open the htm document to view it, all of my Bullets are
Left-justified. Can anyone assist in explaining why the Bullets are not
indented when opening the htm document, and how I can get the Bullets to
indent like they should when viewing/opening the htm document?

Again, in viewing/editing the htm document in MS Word 2003, Bullets are
indented just fine. But when the htm document is opened, all Bullets are
Left-justified.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

How are you creating the document?

What view in Word are you using?

How are you applying the bullets?
(If you're using the bullet buttons on
the formatting tool and then viewing in Outline
view you could see everything looking left justified.

Are you using File=Web Page Preview?

==========

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

xls1k

1. The document was first created as a Word document then, I performed a
SAVE AS function and saved the document as a Web Page.

2. When I pull-up the htm document in Word, the view is "Web Layout".

3. The Bullets were applied by selecting Format + Bullets and Numbering
then selecting a List Style off of the List Styles Tab. The the style
1/1.1/1.1.1 was selected and the Bullet Levels were setup/modified at that
point.

Then, I tried setting-up a new List Styles for Bullets according to some
instructions I found off of another response within the Discussion Group by
Shauna Kelly. [I was able to setup Bullet List Styles according to her
instructions, however, when viewing the htm document, the Bullets were still
Left Justified].

I probably hit the "Bullet Button" from time-to-time to see its results, and
that may have caused Word to go into the "Dark Side".

4. On the "using File=Web Page Preview", I wouldn't know where to begin to
select that.

The document I am working with is quite simple [so I think], and it is just
one of numerous documents I am having to fix Bulleting for, which are all
part of my IT Department's Disaster Recovery Plan. What I am working with is
as follows to give you an idea:

Conduct Activation Briefing
€¢ Briefly review the Incident and the current status with the Recovery
participants,
and obtain the following information and/or details regarding the Incident:
ï‚° Description of the Incident
ï‚° Casualties and/or Injuries if any
ï‚° Facilities affected
ï‚° Operations affected
€¢ Review the Recovery Strategies, to include the following:
ï‚° Expected duration of the Recovery Operation
ï‚° Any changes in Procedures or availability of Resources
ï‚° Any special Safety or Security issues, and any concerns
ï‚° Contact Procedures between Recovery Teams
€¢ Remind Personnel NOT to make any Public or off-the-record statements to any
representatives of the News Media, except for the Official Public
Statement that is
provided by the Communications Team.

Hope this helped shed some light and answered your questions.

Glenn Ford