Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bill bill is offline

Default Table of Contents Word 2003

My TOC for my 514-page book mysteriously disappeared when I pressed Alt + F9
to update the table. ( I had added a new page and new headings). Now instead
of the 15-page TOC, I have {TOC..\*.MERGEFORMAT.} in its place. When I right
click on it I have options like toggle fields etc. But all I want is to see
the TOC. How do I get it back? And how do I avoid this problem in the
future?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bill bill is offline

Thanks Suzanne. Your solution worked like a charm. Thank goodness you always
have a solution for me.
best,
bill