Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Larry Frohman Larry Frohman is offline

Default Can't open file in Office 2003 Word or Excel from Windows Explorer

I just found I cannot open any doc. or .xls file from Windows Explorer into
Word or Excel (OS: Windows XP, SP2). The same files will open from within
Word or Excel. When trying to open a file, Word (or Excel) opens normally,
but no file is loaded. The file types in the Folder Options of Windows
Explorer are set correctly; rebooting computer did not help and repairing the
installation of Office 2003 did not help. The same problem occurs when trying
to open an attached .doc or .xls file from within my e-mail program (Eudora
6.2) but that program is not at fault because even newly created files in
Word or Excel will not open from within Windows Explorer. My O.S. and
Microsoft Office have been running normally for more than 2 years and the
problem has started only within the past month.
All help will be appreciated. Thanks.