Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SIMPR SIMPR is offline

Default How to extract data from word document to excel or access

I have many mailing lists in word in 2 form types. I want to extract this
data and place it in a excel spreadsheet or a Access database by field, so i
can do other mailings. Is there a way to achieve this without data entry?

PRESIDENT TOM NEILL

POSTAL PO BOX 7894

CLAYTON, NC 06541

TELEPHONE (W) 720-2300/720-6123

(R) 731-6222

(C) 319-3010

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Without the original list it is difficult to suggest a specific method, but
see if http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm points the
way. Jump in (or modify) the process where the data matches what you have.
It may be enough to remove the lines of ************* and convert text to
table

SIMPR wrote:
I have many mailing lists in word in 2 form types. I want to extract
this data and place it in a excel spreadsheet or a Access database by
field, so i can do other mailings. Is there a way to achieve this
without data entry?

PRESIDENT TOM NEILL

POSTAL PO BOX 7894

CLAYTON, NC 06541

TELEPHONE (W) 720-2300/720-6123

(R) 731-6222

(C) 319-3010

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SIMPR SIMPR is offline

Thank You Graham it works great!

If you would like to view how they are organized here it is in another thread.
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/Sho...54517&SiteID=1