Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] brh1234@gmail.com is offline

Default Saving as Read Only when I do not want Read Only documents

I share documents with an assistant via a local wireless network. We
frequently change the same document on the same day. Every time it
saves the document as read only so we are constantly having too many
of the same document just different versions. This does not seem to
be a problem with Excel documents. I have checked Word preferences
and the read only boix is NOT checked. Do you have any ideas? We are
working in a MAC environment. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If one of you has the shared document open then the other will only be able
to open it read only. Word is a single user environment.
If this is not the issue, I would suggest asking in the Mac Word forum.