JT

Default Automated forms

I've created a form in word that is made up of three main sections. The form
(when protected) works great but I'm having two main problems that I thought
I could solve with macros, but they aren't working.

Problem 1: The first section (Part A) of the form has three separate check
boxes for the user to identify their situation. If they are in the first
situation, they need to fill out Part B only; if they are in the second
situation, they need to fill out Part C only; for the third situation they
need to fill out both Parts B and C. I was trying to set this up so a macro
would be assigned to each check box which would paste the appropriate parts
in that they would need, but when I assigned the recorded macro to the check
boxes, protected the document and tested it out, it gave me an error
indicating that the macro couldn't run because the document was protected.
Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

Problem 2: On Part B there is a table with form fields in it. The users
need to be able to click on a button and have additional tables pasted into
the form to accomodate the number of materials they have. Is there a way to
do this? I thought a Command Button would work with a macro assigned to it,
but I can't figure out how to assign a macro to the button in the document.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SlQ=?=,

Problem 1: The first section (Part A) of the form has three separate check
boxes for the user to identify their situation. If they are in the first
situation, they need to fill out Part B only; if they are in the second
situation, they need to fill out Part C only; for the third situation they
need to fill out both Parts B and C. I was trying to set this up so a macro
would be assigned to each check box which would paste the appropriate parts
in that they would need, but when I assigned the recorded macro to the check
boxes, protected the document and tested it out, it gave me an error
indicating that the macro couldn't run because the document was protected.

Your macro has to Unprotect the document, make the insertion, then Protect,
making sure to use NoReset:=True (Look up Protect and Unprotect in the VBA Help
files. You'll also find sample code on my site and word.mvps.org that
demonstrates this.)

Problem 2: On Part B there is a table with form fields in it. The users
need to be able to click on a button and have additional tables pasted into
the form to accomodate the number of materials they have. Is there a way to
do this? I thought a Command Button would work with a macro assigned to it,
but I can't figure out how to assign a macro to the button in the document.

Use a MacroButton field.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org