Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RmeAV8tor RmeAV8tor is offline

Default How do I use form fields to copy names from Excel into Word?

I have a roster of team members that is kept in Excel. I have several word
docs that contain names of team members by the position they occupy on the
team, i.e. Team Lead, Team Sys Admin. How do I use form fields to update all
of the Word docs with the correct team member name when I update the names on
the Excel list?
--
Thanks,
CTaylor
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
danhattan danhattan is offline

Have you tried using a Mail Merge?

You could create an Excel spreadsheet with Position titles in the top row
and employee names in the second row under the appropriate title. Then, link
your Word document to the Excel spreadsheet with the Mail Merge Task Pane (it
walks you through the steps) and insert the merge fields using the Insert
Merge Field button on the Mail Merge toolbar. It'll pop up a window with a
list of the fields (positions) in your spreadsheet and you just pick the one
you're looking for.

Hope this helps some. Also, this is presuming you're using Word 2003.