sokab

Default Microsoft Binder Replacement

Microsoft Binder is not available in Office 2003. Is there something that
replaces it? I'm trying to create a 5 section "Proposal" template. It would
be nice to be able to bind all the pages in one application.
garfield-n-odie

No, there is no equivalent of Binder in Office 2003. But you can
install Binder from Office 95, 97, or 2000, and it will work in Office
2003. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822622 "Description of
Office Binder support with Office 2003 and Office XP products".

sokab wrote:

Microsoft Binder is not available in Office 2003. Is there something that
replaces it? I'm trying to create a 5 section "Proposal" template. It would
be nice to be able to bind all the pages in one application.

sokab

Thanks for the response. I read the article but it didn't say specifically
how to install Binder from a previous version. Could you please give me the
steps. By the way I am installing Binder from Office 2000.

Thanks.

sokab wrote:

Microsoft Binder is not available in Office 2003. Is there something that
replaces it? I'm trying to create a 5 section "Proposal" template. It would
be nice to be able to bind all the pages in one application.

garfield-n-odie

Insert your Office 2000 CD. Choose the "custom" installation option.
Click on the little black downward-pointing triangle to the left of
"Microsoft Office", and set everything to "not available". Find the
"Binder" feature (I don't remember where it is exactly... possibly under
"Microsoft Shared" or "Microsoft Office Tools"), and set it to "Run All
from My Computer". Complete the installation.

sokab wrote:

Microsoft Binder is not available in Office 2003. Is there something that
replaces it? I'm trying to create a 5 section "Proposal" template. It would
be nice to be able to bind all the pages in one application.

Tom

You can use PEERNET ePublisherPlus instead of Binder. Organize and
arrange your documents into individual projects. Then print or export
to PDF.

www.epublisherplus.com

Best regards,
Andrei