Dave Neve

Default The relationship between Windows and Word regarding Fonts

Hi

I recently had to design and install a special character onto my computer
with the Windows software eudcedit.exe

It was not easy and has left me perplexed as to how Fonts are managed.

My character turned up what I guess is in English the 'Character Table' of
Windows but not in Word ('insertion' + 'special characters' + 'private use
zone', ).

So I couldn't access it without writing a macro.

But the macro wouldn't accept the Unicode value.

I managed by recording a macro and inserting the character with the alt key
+ the Unicode (F001) and then reading what the macro had written.

Application.Keyboard (1028)
Selection.TypeText Text:=ChrW(61440)

What a palava!!!

So I'd like to know how to add a single character to Word. After all, there
is a menu 'private use zone' so there must be a way.

Also, how does this all work between Windows and Word?

Thanks in advance for any help

Dave Neve