Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick S.

Default When I try to open any folder I get "not responding" for ~ 1 min

When I try to open any folderin word or excel or subfolders or insert a file
in an e-mail the "open" box does not respond (and indicates "not responding"
after clicking on the folder again after ~ 20 sec. and about 60 sec. it will
open. Very slow and annoying.
Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop,
left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped
drives that are not currently available.

Rick S. wrote:

When I try to open any folderin word or excel or subfolders or insert a file
in an e-mail the "open" box does not respond (and indicates "not responding"
after clicking on the folder again after ~ 20 sec. and about 60 sec. it will
open. Very slow and annoying.
Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Marc P Marc P is offline

Default When I try to open any folder I get "not responding" for ~ 1 m

I have had the same problem . I have only one mapped drive which is for the
network server. Any other suggestions on fixing this problem?

Rick S. wrote:

When I try to open any folderin word or excel or subfolders or insert a file
in an e-mail the "open" box does not respond (and indicates "not responding"
after clicking on the folder again after ~ 20 sec. and about 60 sec. it will
open. Very slow and annoying.
Thanks for any help

Double clicking Word dock fails to open. Can open inside Word. Marc Microsoft Word Help 1 February 2nd 06 08:50 PM
Word document tries to open in FrontPage, how to open in Word Tarzan & Jane Microsoft Word Help 0 November 5th 05 02:11 AM
how do u import clipart from a cd wthout having open each folder? naNa naNa Microsoft Word Help 1 November 1st 05 06:31 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM
Files open as read only Danny Sanders Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 05 11:27 PM