Rocky

Default Autocorrect problems

Hi all,

I recently migrated a user to a new computer with Office 2003. She had been
using Office XP.

I migrated her custom autocorrect entries from the old computer into the new
ones (using the utility from this web site
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm ) and they
worked ok in new documents until she tried to use them in an older word
document which she used like a template but wasn't stored as a template.
This document is only 3 pages long by the way.

The strange thing I found when trying to troubleshoot the problem was that
her custom autocorrect entries wouldnt' work in this document on first
inspection. However after more thorough testing I found that they would
work in some places within the document but not in others. There wasn't
anything particular ie "new sections" or special formatting that I could see
that would differentiate one area that in the document that worked from one
that didn't. Also her document had a text box where the autocorrect
wouldn't work, yet if I created a new text box, the custom autocorrect
entries would work.

I tried copying and pasting the contents of her document into a new document
but that didn't work either.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Many thanks for your help.

Rocky

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Were the "non-working" areas perhaps protected for forms entry?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com