Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Denise

Default I need help with check boxes in creating forms in Word

I am creating check boxes for a form and want users to be able to use the
mouse to check and uncheck boxes and need help with the toolbar called
"Forms".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman

To make the check boxes (or any of the controls from the Forms
toolbar) work, you have to "protect the document for forms". Either
click the lock icon on the toolbar, or go to Tools Protect Document
and select Forms (this is in a dialog in Word 2000 and earlier, and in
a task pane in Word 2002 or 2003).

See http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 for a
tutorial on forms.

Also visit http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm for a way
to have checkboxes without protected forms.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman