Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ISchoonover ISchoonover is offline

Default Notification

How can I set notification whe a File in use that is read-only is available
to edit?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ISchoonover wrote:
How can I set notification whe a File in use that is read-only is
available to edit?

Set up a SharePoint server or some other document workspace software, and
subscribe to the folder containing the document so you get an email when the
current user checks in the document.

Or ask the current user to send you email or IM or shout down the hallway
when they're done. :-)

There isn't anything in Word itself that can do what you asked.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman