Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default anchore icon for graphs

What is the meaning of anchore appears in margins for graphs and can I use it
for moving of graphes?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

anchore icon for graphs
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emad Dean Hajian Emad Dean Hajian is offline

Hi Rasoul,
You are right Anchor means Langar in the ships it is used to move around
abjects in the document and get them fixed in your wnated location.
--
Emad Dean Hajian
Technical Writer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

What is the meaning of anchore appears in margins for graphs and can I use it
for moving of graphes?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

anchore icon for graphs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

I know that but how can I use it to move objects?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Khoshravan" wrote:

What is the meaning of anchore appears in margins for graphs and can I use it
for moving of graphes?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

anchore icon for graphs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Emad Dean Hajian Emad Dean Hajian is offline

Try this,
Position a drawing object in relation to page, text, or other anchor

You can change this setting for a drawing canvas or a floating object that
is not on a drawing canvas. You cannot change this setting for an inline
object or an object that is on a drawing canvas.

On the Format menu, click the command for the type of object you selected €”
for example, AutoShape, Text Box, Picture, or Drawing Canvas €” click the
Layout tab, and then click Advanced.
In the Advanced Layout dialog box, click the Picture Position tab, and then
select the options you want for your horizontal and vertical anchors €” for
example, margin, page, or paragraph. You can align the object relative to the
anchor, or you can enter a precise numeric position for the object relative
to the anchor.
--
Emad Dean Hajian
Technical Writer

"Khoshravan" wrote:

What is the meaning of anchore appears in margins for graphs and can I use it
for moving of graphes?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

anchore icon for graphs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word, all objects are anchored to a paragraph (unless they are
positioned "In line with text" in Format | object, Layout tab). This
applies, even when the object is positioned relative to (say) page
edges.

If an object is anchored to a header paragraph, it will be repeated on
all pages using the same header.

You can position an object relative to a paragraph (Format | object,
Layout tab, click the Advanced button); then, the paragraph used to
measure from is the one containing the object anchor.

You can lock an anchor, which means that you cannot drag the anchor to
a different paragraph.

For more, see:

Working with Anchors
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/Anchors.htm

The draw layer: a metaphysical space (and how to bring it back down to
earth)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

WD2000: General Information About Floating Objects
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=268713

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP