Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenly Glenly is offline

Default Mini toolbar Word 07

I do understand that the Mini Toolbar is not customizable, and of course this
is just my opinion, but why wouldn't the underline feature be part of it?
Sure the QAT has the flexibility of doing so but the convenience of it in the
Mini would seem to make a lot more sense than some of the other features.
Hope there may be something for this in the near future. Thank you for your
time.
Sincerely,
Glenn Carr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenly Glenly is offline

Could you please elaborate and from who's perspective is this discouraged?
I'm sorry but your reply is quite vague.

"Glenly" wrote in message
I do understand that the Mini Toolbar is not customizable, and of course
this
is just my opinion, but why wouldn't the underline feature be part of it?
Sure the QAT has the flexibility of doing so but the convenience of it in
the
Mini would seem to make a lot more sense than some of the other features.
Hope there may be something for this in the near future. Thank you for
your
time.
Sincerely,
Glenn Carr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Underlining is a typewriter convention used as a substitute for italics. It
could also be used to give emphasis to headings. In Word, you can use
italics, and you can make headings larger and bolder. Although underlining
might occasionally be incorporated in a particular style, its use in
ordinary text is rare (I can't think of a time when I ever use it except for
total lines in columns of figures, and for that I have also added a
double-underline button). The Ctrl+U keyboard shortcut still works in Word
2007.

"Glenly" wrote in message
I do understand that the Mini Toolbar is not customizable, and of course
this
is just my opinion, but why wouldn't the underline feature be part of
it?
Sure the QAT has the flexibility of doing so but the convenience of it
in
the
Mini would seem to make a lot more sense than some of the other
features.
Hope there may be something for this in the near future. Thank you for
your
time.
Sincerely,
Glenn Carr

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenly Glenly is offline

Suzanne,
Thank you very much for your explanation and reasoning and especially your
time. Have a great day. Glenn