Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

Default Caps Lock

I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you push caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to push "shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find where it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is the same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

Sorry about the duplicate question. I have never used a discussion group
before and didn't know what to do. Point is the auto correct is not the
problem. The problem is if I put the caps lock on nothing will take it off
except the shift key. If someone else used my computer and put the caps lock
on they would be typing in caps forever if they didn't know that they needed
to use the shift key to take it off. If you can help, I will appreciate it.
Thanks

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you push caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to push

"shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find where it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is the

same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, that's the opposite of what I thought you were asking, but it's also
not much easier to answer. I can only assume that a keyboard shortcut is
somehow assigned to those keys or that the keyboard has been programmed in
some way. I think it would have to be the latter because I don't believe
that Caps Lock is a function that can be accessed from within Word (the
AutoCorrect function depends on using the Toggle Case feature).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Please see my reply to your previous duplicate question here.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you push

caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to push

"shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find where

it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is the

same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

Thanks for trying. I remember somewhere seeing the option of taking caps
lock off with the shift key. Actually, I like the function. It saves me
from doing the tHING that you were talking about. If the Caps lock is on and
I move to another document and start typing, by using the shift for the first
letter of the sentence it will automatically take caps lock off for the rest
of the word. It's been a couple of years ago that I did this...my memory is
not so good!

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you push

caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to push
"shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find where

it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is the
same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

I just found it. I went to Control Panel - Keyboards - Input Locales - and
there is an option to turn caps lock off with the shift key. The "Input
Locales" is not a function in Word 2002, unfortunately.
Thanks for your help.
Sherri

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you push

caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to push
"shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find where

it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is the
same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I see it now. Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to remember that in case
anyone asks about it again. I might like to use it myself; it's
"typewriter-like," so it seems natural to us old typewriter users.

"Sherri" wrote in message
I have Office 2000. Sometime ago I made a setting whereby if you

push
caps
lock all entries are in caps. To take the caps off you have to

push
"shift".
If you push "caps lock" it will not toggle off. I can't find

where
it is
that I made that setting and I would like to take it off. This is

the
same
in Word and Excel
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sherri

Problem is, now I have XP home and I couldn't find it there.
I'm out - thanks again