Billy boy

Default lost data conversion

Lost a lot of data off my server at work, now word files open to reveal Ascii
code, is there a way of converting ascii back to word format
Bill Combley

Thanks for the pointers, I've tried them but my documents are still ascii
any further ideas, ie; opening document copying scrambled code and runnug
through a translator(if such a thing exsists) then pating intoa new document
and saving?? your thoughts please

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" wrote:

Hi Billy,

In Tools=Options=General turn on [x] Confirm Conversions at open
and in File=Open check to see if the file format is set to
something other than 'Word document' as the default.

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)