Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lorrene Lorrene is offline

Default How do I nudge text horizontally in small incriments?

I want to line up my text.
Lorrene
QuarkExpress user
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

What are you doing to get your text *not* lined up in the first place? I'm
afraid it is totally unclear as to what the problem might be.

What version of Word are you using?

You need to provide much more accurate detail before anyone can offer
meaningful suggestions - and keep in mind that Word _does not_ work like QX.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones

"Lorrene" wrote in message
I want to line up my text.
Lorrene
QuarkExpress user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lorrene Lorrene is offline

I set the tab on the horizontal ruler. I have two horizontal lines with a
dash and a phone number. The dashes and phone numbers are not lined up
vertically. Ex:
akjdfjjfjfjj - 123-456-7891
kjfdjfkljfk - 234-567-8910
I purposely put the dash in the wrong place in the above example. Now, if I
could nudge the text horizonally by half spaces, or less, my document it
would look better.
Thanking you in advance,
Lorrene Davis

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What are you doing to get your text *not* lined up in the first place? I'm
afraid it is totally unclear as to what the problem might be.

What version of Word are you using?

You need to provide much more accurate detail before anyone can offer
meaningful suggestions - and keep in mind that Word _does not_ work like QX.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Lorrene" wrote in message
I want to line up my text.
Lorrene
QuarkExpress user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You set the *tab stop* on the ruler. To line up text with that tab
stop, you have to insert *tab characters* in the text by pressing the
Tab key before the character you want to line up. In this case, delete
any spaces between the word and the dash, and then press the Tab key
there.

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...ettingTabs.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What are you doing to get your text *not* lined up in the first place? I'm
afraid it is totally unclear as to what the problem might be.

What version of Word are you using?

You need to provide much more accurate detail before anyone can offer
meaningful suggestions - and keep in mind that Word _does not_ work like QX.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

"Lorrene" wrote in message
I want to line up my text.
Lorrene
QuarkExpress user

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lorrene Lorrene is offline

Thanks Jay,
You have been a great help to me.... I used Word exclusively up until 2001
when I had to learn Quark for a graphics job at a newspaper. I am no longer
there and I am having to do similar work with word in my new government job.
Thanks again, big time.
Lorrene

"CyberTaz" wrote:

What are you doing to get your text *not* lined up in the first place? I'm
afraid it is totally unclear as to what the problem might be.

What version of Word are you using?

You need to provide much more accurate detail before anyone can offer
meaningful suggestions - and keep in mind that Word _does not_ work like QX.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac