Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sheana sheana is offline

Default Is there a font format that will stretch the characters vertically

There is a feature that will expand text horizontally, in Format, Font,
character spacing....expanded, condensed. However, this only seems to affect
the characters horizontally. Is there one that will expand the characters
vertically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Maxey Greg Maxey is offline

I think your only option is a bigger font. CTRL+Shift will increase the
size of selected text.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

"sheana" wrote in message
There is a feature that will expand text horizontally, in Format, Font,
character spacing....expanded, condensed. However, this only seems to
affect
the characters horizontally. Is there one that will expand the characters
vertically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Sun, 6 Jan 2008 06:01:01 -0800 from sheana
:
There is a feature that will expand text horizontally, in Format, Font,
character spacing....expanded, condensed. However, this only seems to affect
the characters horizontally. Is there one that will expand the characters
vertically?

Increase the font size and then condense them horizontally, or else
use Word Art.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

On the Character Spacing tab of Format | Font, use the scaling command.
Although the command scales text horizontally, you can choose a larger font
size (taller) and then scale the font to less than 100% to get the effect of
taller, narrower text.

"sheana" wrote in message
There is a feature that will expand text horizontally, in Format, Font,
character spacing....expanded, condensed. However, this only seems to
affect
the characters horizontally. Is there one that will expand the characters
vertically?

Sweend Sweend is offline
Banned

Check MasterBundles website with a lot of fonts.

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Is there a font format that will stretch the characters vertically

Yes, there is a font format that will stretch the characters vertically. It's called "vertical scaling" or "vertical stretch". Here's how you can do it in Microsoft Word:
  1. Select the text you want to stretch vertically.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Font" section to open the "Font" dialog box.
  4. In the "Font" dialog box, go to the "Advanced" tab.
  5. In the "Scale" section, enter a value greater than 100% in the "Vertical" box. This will stretch the characters vertically.
  6. Click "OK" to apply the changes.

You can also use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + D" to open the "Font" dialog box.

Note that stretching the characters vertically may distort the font and make it harder to read. It's generally not recommended to use this feature unless it's absolutely necessary.