Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Rinze Smit Rinze Smit is offline

Default Style not properly applied

hello to you all,

The situation is
* Working in Word2003
* The document contains Formfields, and is protected for formfields
* The document is build using styles
* Style "heading 2" has a grey background set
* The style, which is applied on the formfields, is "Standard". (there
are no formfields in a Heading2 style)

Now, often a user copies a part from another document, into a
formfield. The paragraph above the formfield is a Heading 2 style.
When this copied text only contains one paragraph, the pasted
paragraph is formatted correctly with style Standard.
But when 2 or more paragraphs are pasted into the formfield, the first
paragraph of the pasted text, is formatted incorrectly: When I select
that paragraph, the style displayed is "heading 2". The font however
is that of "Standard" (like it was in the sourcedocument), but the
background and spacing, is that of 'heading2'.
Whenever I type a space into the formfield, and then paste multiple
paragraphs into the formfield, the problem does not occur (everything
pasted is formatted as Standard).
Now if I Delete the formfield, or if I remove the protection, the
problem also not occurs.

Does anyone know how to make the pasting work correctly, without
losing the protection?

Many Thanks,
Rinze Smit
afdeling ICT, Revalidatie Friesland