Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
tammy tammy is offline

Default Creating a Quick Style set in Word 2007

Hi, I have created some quick styles and have added them to my own quick
style set -which I think is a great feature! However, I only want that set to
display the styles I add to it, not the rest of the default styles included
in Word. I have tried removing the unwanted styles from my custom set, but if
I choose another set and return to my custom set, Word automatically includes
the defaults, too - instead of just displaying the three (for example) styles
I want displayed in that Style set. "Normal" is the only default style I want
included, and the rest of the set should display only the quick styles I add
to the set.

I want the Ribbon to display only my custom styles in the style set. Can
this be done, or do the default Word styles always come along for the ride,
whether you want to use them, or not?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
tammy tammy is offline

I realized after sending this, that I didn't remove styles I didn't want
displayed prior to saving the new quick set, therefore, anything that existed
in the set prior to saving became part of the new quick style set. By
removing styles and overwriting the exisitng set when I saved, the problem
was solved. Only styles I want to see are displayed.

Thanks - I'm okay on this one, now.