Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peter de B. Harrington Peter de B. Harrington is offline

Default Why no autosum function for tables in Word 2007?

This handly little field code seems to have disappeared in the 20007
upgrade. Why do new versions always have less USEFUL features than their
predecessor? I use this function all the time for totaling budgets in
tables. Of course, once it was removed one of my totals was off for the
first time, because I had to calculate it by hand.

Anyway to get this function back?

TIA,

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Luc Luc is offline

Peter,
As Suzanne suggested you can add it to the quick access toolbar.
Office-button - Word options - customize - all commands - look for sum -
click add button.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
This handly little field code seems to have disappeared in the 20007
upgrade. Why do new versions always have less USEFUL features than their
predecessor? I use this function all the time for totaling budgets in
tables. Of course, once it was removed one of my totals was off for the
first time, because I had to calculate it by hand.

Anyway to get this function back?

TIA,

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Peter de B. Harrington Peter de B. Harrington is offline

Thanks Suzanne. It works great. Took a little time for me to find where it
added the sum function icon, but it is in the upper left hand corner.

Best wishes,

Pete

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you looked at the Commands Not in the Ribbon section of the Customize
dialog?

so
all may benefit.

"Peter de B. Harrington" wrote in message
This handly little field code seems to have disappeared in the 20007
upgrade. Why do new versions always have less USEFUL features than their
predecessor? I use this function all the time for totaling budgets in
tables. Of course, once it was removed one of my totals was off for the
first time, because I had to calculate it by hand.

Anyway to get this function back?

TIA,

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

In addition to the other responses, I might point out that AutoSum is still
there, even without putting it onto the Quick Access Toolbar. Click the
Table Tools - Layout tab, and you'll find the AutoSum tool -- now called
Formula -- at the far right end of the ribbon, in the Data section.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible