Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
cmd[_2_] cmd[_2_] is offline

Default Cross-referencing pages/headings from a different Word document usingRD

I am trying to write Session plans for a course I'm teaching. I have a
training manual and want to reference page numbers from the training
manual into the session planner. What I want is if I make a change in
the training manual and thus changing the page numbering to reflect
that automatically in the session plans.
I am familiar with the RD Fields and can import a TOC into the session
plans. But when I try to insert a cross-reference into the session
plan, the same Headings that are shown in the TOC are not available in
the cross-references.
Is there any way Word can do this?
I'm using Word 2003.

Cheers,