Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
aitch[_2_] aitch[_2_] is offline

Default The long and short of it

Hello,

Would someone out there please put me right on what I call hyphens and
dashes (these to me being a bit longer). I know that the word 'em' comes in
here somewhere.

I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007 and Vista and just the - is on the
keyboard but it's big brother is in symbols, not always the most convenient
place.

Can I access the 'dash' through the keyboard as I can the 'hyphen'?

Thank you,

Aitch